Friday 13 May 2016

Reflections Wk2 T2

       
This is my telling time activity it includes 12 hour time and 24 hour time.  I learnt how to convert between 24 and 12 hour times.  It was a bit tricky at first.


 
For literacy we did  ANZAC activities. This activity is called the first day at Gallipoli.  we made a slide about
 it.  I learnt how to present my learning in a Google Slide.

Commemoration         
Something(such as a                                                                     Special ceremony) That is intended to Honour an important Event or person From the past

Honour
high respect; great esteem.

British Empire
British Empire definition. The empire of Britain, which began in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries with the establishment of colonies in North America and ended in the twentieth century as dozens of nations, formerly British possessions, became independent.

Cenotaph
a monument to someone buried elsewhere, especially one commemorating people who died in a war.

Armistice
an agreement made by opposing sides in a war to stop fighting for a certain time; a truce

Veteran
a person who has had long experience in a particular field.

This is one of my ANZAC activities we had to find the meanings of the words .  I learnt lots of new words that I can add in to my writing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.