Tuesday 21 April 2020

My special Place.

This week we had to write a piece on our special place. I chose the Collingwood beach in golden bay.

My Special Place. 
Walking along, the smell of the salty seaside and hot chips fill my nostrils. 
Salty, dried seaweed swirls through the air along with the subtle scent of
fresh fish. I smell the presence of the water gently combing the sand for
seashells. 
As I dig my toes into the soft sand it provides a bed for my feet. The breeze
filters through my hair like a sieve. Sharp sticks poke me occasionally leaving
my feet speckled with splinters.
In the distance I see fishermen waiting for their prey. I see the birds flying
overhead with the wind as a pillow under their wings. Some kids nearby are
making huts out of the driftwood. The waves lap onto the shore, inhaling and
exhaling as they climb up the beach. seagulls and shags exchange calls
screeching as they go. 
I hear the distant shouts of the fishermen when they haul in a fresh snapper.
My brother yells as a fish nearby jumps, we laugh, as it’s only a stone.   
Collingwood beach is my special place,I feel calm and relaxed as I run through
the sand. 

Collingwood - Mile Steppin'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.