Thursday 30 April 2020

Monday Mornings

This week we had to write about our monday mornings. We had to use our 5 senses to describe it in full detail. Here is mine.



I’ll set my alarm, what a great idea……


I'm about to slay the dragon when it starts beeping, what? Dragons don’t beep. It doesn’t stop, so I struggle my eyes open, but it’s still there. Beep! Beep! Beep! I glare at my watch, oh, realization hits me. I reach out and hit snooze. Ahh that’s better! I drift away once again to the dragon but the beeping starts again. Oh for God's sake! 


I’m up! dragging myself out of bed. 
I see Atlas stare up at me as if to say, Don’t get up, PLEASE. I tell him I
have to, so he gently rises then grumpily leaps off my bed. 


The sun filters through my bedroom window as I reach for the door.
Staggering down the hallway I stumble into the bathroom. The warm water
cleanses my skin, waking me up a little. My face pink from the shower i
change and go into the kitchen

The smell of fresh coffee and muesli fills my nostrils while the sound of
soda being charged and Atlas barking makes me feel content. 
Mmmm, the hot, buttery toast tastes divine, just what I felt like! 


I hear the others get up as I practice my cello. The rosin on my bow has a
distinct smell of tree which is nice, I guess. My fingers are stiff like a pencil
which is no good for the elige! But too late now it’s time to go. The minty
taste lingers in my mouth as we head out the door. 


Oh No! We’re going to be late again! 

Monday mornings Suck! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honor, This is a fantastic piece of writing this week. I love how you start by drifting between your dream and the reality of waking up. The snooze button is so tempting in the morning.

    My dog also looks at me woefully in the morning when I get up early, especially on a cold day.

    Keep up the great writing.

    Mrs P

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.